Royal Mail takes a hit from GDPR

By
0 mins. to read
Royal Mail takes a hit from GDPR
Tupungato / Shutterstock.com
Master Investor Magazine 40 cover

Never miss an issue of Master Investor Magazine – sign-up now for free!

Read the latest Master Investor Magazine

Royal Mail (LON:RMG) is to monitor the impact of GDPR data regulations on business customers after letter volume declines accelerated while trading remained in line with expectations.

Group underlying revenue rose 2% in the three months to 24 June, while UK parcels, international and letters revenue fell 1% as parcel revenue rose 6% and total letter revenue dropped 7%. Excluding the effect of elections a year earlier, letter revenue fell about 5%.

“Due to the potential impact of GDPR and, or, if business uncertainty persists, we still expect to be at the higher end of the range of decline for 2018-19 and may fall outside the range in a period,” commented the company.

Shares in Royal Mail rose 16.8p to 497.6p (as at 11:13 BST).

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

YOUR FREE INVESTMENT MAG

Get real investment insights from some of the best minds in the business - with our free Master Investor Magazine.