Paddy Power Gambles on Georgian market

By
0 mins. to read
Paddy Power Gambles on Georgian market
Claudine Van Massenhove / Shutterstock.com
Master Investor Magazine 46 cover

Never miss an issue of Master Investor Magazine – sign-up now for free!

Read the latest Master Investor Magazine

Paddy Power Betfair (LON:PPB) was one of the biggest risers of the FTSE-100 after it acquired a controlling stake in Adjarabet, the largest online betting and gaming company in Georgia with a 40% market share.

The UK-listed bookmaker acquired a 51% stake for an initial cash consideration of £101 million, thereby valuing Adjarabet at £198 million and the acquisition at 9.9x EBITDA. As part of the agreement, Paddy Power has an option to purchase the remaining 49% of the business after three years at a valuation equivalent to 7x EBITDA.

The acquisition was made in a move to expand further into high-growth markets.

The shares advanced by 2.6% to 6,430p, as at GMT 13:57.

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

YOUR FREE INVESTMENT MAG

Get real investment insights from some of the best minds in the business - with our free Master Investor Magazine.