As we approach the Small Cap Awards, due to take place on 25th June, Master Investor profiles some of the companies shortlisted. Kape Technologies has been shortlisted for the Transaction of the Year award.
- Please provide a brief description of the business
Kape is a leading ‘privacy-first’ digital security software provider to consumers and small-medium size businesses. Through its range of privacy and security products, Kape focusses on protecting its customers’ personal data in their everyday digital lives. Kape has over two million paying subscribers who are supported by a truly dynamic, committed and hardworking team of over 350 talented individuals across eight locations worldwide. Kape has a proven track record of revenue and EBITDA growth, underpinned by a strong business model which leverages our digital marketing expertise. Through our subscription-based platform, Kape has fast established a highly scalable SaaS-based operating model, geared towards capitalising on the vast global consumer digital privacy market.
- 2019/20 was clearly a strong year for the company, to what do you attribute your success?
2019 was a landmark year for Kape, which saw delivery of extensive organic growth and successful execution of our mergers and acquisition strategy. Kape now has a significant base from which to capture the explosive growth in the digital privacy and security market, underpinned by our recent acquisition of Private Internet Access (PIA), which has established our business as the preeminent digital privacy company globally. We now have a sizable global footprint and boasts an enviable portfolio of privacy-first products, positioning it at the forefront of this rapidly expanding market. In addition, the PIA brand has positioned Kape as a top player in the North American market within the digital privacy and security space. The enlarged business is also highly cash generative and the acquisition is significantly earnings enhancing. These excellent foundations in 2019, which created a strong launchpad to accelerate our growth aspirations, have enabled us to make an extraordinarily strong start to 2020. Kape owes its success to a loyal subscriber base, the faith Shareholders place in us delivering robust and ambitious objectives as well as each and every individual of a dedicated global workforce.
- How would you characterise the long-term drivers for your business?
The long- term overall driver for Kape is its growth strategy. Kape is very well-placed to markedly increase its market share in what is a rapidly expanding space. Central to this are our core growth engines, which are to:
- Expand our global customer base by utilising the strong foundation of the Group’s over 2 million paying subscribers to accelerate future growth
- Drive product innovation and R&D by executing on opportunities to increase the breadth of solutions we currently provide globally
- Leverage brand recognition by taking advantage of the significant opportunity to further leverage the ‘Private Internet’ brand internationally, beyond North America
- Utilise our unique technology platform by further bolstering the implementation of our user acquisition technologies
- Continue to evaluate select acquisitions and build upon our track-record of integrating and growing SaaS products to create a truly dominant business globally
We are fast-tracking our vision into a reality by creating one of the most prominent privacy companies globally. In one acquisition, we have positioned Kape to become one of the leading digital privacy service providers in the world, empowering consumers to manage their own data and digital security.